Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad has developed into a recognized global leader in the growing life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We have built a strong team of over 8,000 employees and a robust network of operations that serves over 150,000 customers worldwide. Bio-Rad employees share a common mission: To “Advance discovery and improve lives.” It is who we are and what we do. In order to support Bio-Rad and our successful future growth we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make significant contribution within our dynamic and growing international team.
For our global Trade Compliance team we're looking to hire a
Regional Trade Compliance Manager (EMEA) (m/f/d)
A Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring the import or export of products and materials complies with the regulations within a region. This includes assisting in the deployment of regional and/or localized trade compliance procedures and guidelines that will assure compliance with import and export regulations, executing audit and risk assessment programs including corrective action plans and providing leadership in strategic projects that affect the supply chain to ensure proper/advantageous structuring of transactions. In addition to developing and ensuring process adherence, the role will act as a key knowledge point for all trade compliance issues and take a lead in the training and development of key stakeholders.
The Regional Trade Compliance Manager may be based in one of our sites in the following locations: Germany (Leipzig), Switzerland (Basel), France (Paris region), Hungary (Budapest) or the Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintains and evaluates the region’s compliance status with various regulatory bodies including customs, export control and applicable tax authorities.
- Ensuring proper documentation and procedures are maintained in accordance with regulations.
- Reviews internal controls, develops processes, administers the compliance audit program, and oversees corrective action plans for the region.
- Identifies compliance gaps and recommends process improvements.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining localized policies and procedures for compliance with import and export regulations as well as ensuring broad Company awareness of these requirements.
- Identifies and develops business processes to address compliance risks, with a focus on continuous process improvements to increase efficiency and improve performance to customers.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting KPIs and metrics to senior management and daily reporting of import and export compliance for the region.
- Sets overall budget, operational strategy and priorities for assigned area of responsibility.
- Prioritizes and manages projects in the region for both import and export compliance which involves defining the project scope, budget, scheduling and execution of project risk.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in International Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain management or related field.
- Profound overall trade compliance experience.
- Relevant experience with trade compliance for multiple countries or in a global environment.
- Profound work experience in bio-pharma, medical/diagnostics or life science related companies; experience working in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Diagnostic industry highly preferred.
- Relevant management experience.
- Solid experience with global trade management software and systems.
- Expert knowledge of import and export regulations across the region.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with implementation and scaling of trade automation tools including but not limited to SAP-GTS.
- Expert working knowledge of Import Licensing, Export Licensing, Free Trade Agreements, HTS and Export Control Classification, Country of Origin, Valuation, Transfer Pricing, Authorized Economic Operator, Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism, Approved Exporter, Health registration Agencies, including but not limited to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S.
- Department of Agriculture and other related Export and Import regulations within a region and countries.
- Experience with audits and disclosure practices.
- Multi-lingual in the regions responsible for with strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and people management skills.
- A proven record of designing and implementing value added import/export policies and processes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills at all levels in the organization.
- Results orientation and strong sense of accountability.
- Customs Broker License highly preferred.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Permanent contract
- Competitive salary
- 30 vacation days p.a. plus allowance (depending on location)
- Annual performance and salary review
- Variable pay / Company bonus plan
- Regional pension schemes and capital-forming benefits, where applicable
... as well as ample opportunity for growth and training, the stability of a profitable 60+ year old company and a great work environment.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you, feel free to ‘Refer a Friend’.
Please apply online and in English by uploading your CV and cover letter including your earliest possible start date and salary expectations.
Bio-Rad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Bio-Rad to transmit and store your information in the companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this job.
Note: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.